Director, Operational Excellence, Consulting (Metals & Mining)
DuPont Sustainable Solutions is a fast-growing, independent operations management consulting firm. We are driven by an inspiring mission of saving lives, enhancing the capabilities of our people and bringing sustainable changes to a wide range of industries across the world. We believe that different backgrounds and perspectives are what make us a vibrant, progressive and world-class company.
What will you do?
As a Director you will contribute to driving the firm’s growth agenda and play an active role as a member of the regional leadership team. You will lead a team within your area of expertise and be accountable for commercial growth, people leadership, high performance work culture and capability development. You are expected to manage the business with a focus on delivering excellence to new and existing clients at the C-suite level, achieve annual revenue targets, define and implement strategies for growth. In addition to facilitating consulting services, IP generation, overseeing program delivery and execution of client initiatives, you will build long-term relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, lead significant cross-team initiatives and develop talent.
- Develop and implement commercial strategies according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth.
- Identify and frame issues and develop initiatives at the executive level, turn them into opportunities, and conceive integrated solutions.
- Be recognized as a trusted advisor to senior client executives.
- Maintain a network of client contacts and relationships in addition to nurturing the firm’s client base.
- Drive excellence in delivery/execution and continuous improvement to produce new solutions which deliver ongoing value and streamlined cost-effective services to clients.
- Actively ensure the firm’s processes and systems contribute to the firm’s ability to grow its business including quality control/improvement, governance and management structure.
- Maintain good financial disciplines supported by monthly, quarterly and annual reporting and financial analysis to drive relevant proactive commercial decisions.
- Lead and participate functional and/or industry networks with the aim of developing and sharing best practices and enhancing DSS IP.
- Setting the right example throughout the firm in term of work ethic, personal conduct and crisis management.
- 15+ years of professional experience preferably with a mix of both in house and management consulting experience.
- Experience in Metal & Mining industry or Utilities is required
- Experience in selling and delivering complex knowledge-based solutions and services to large accounts.
- Strong external and internal Stakeholder engagement / relationship management.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and team-working attitude to be able to work in fast-paced, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Open to 60% travel